Catherine Spalluzzi is an associate with Wais, Vogelstein, Forman, Koch & Norman, LLC. Her practice primarily centers around traumatic birth injury medical malpractice.
Ms. Spalluzzi began her career in insurance defense at a mid-sized litigation defense firm. Ms. Spalluzzi soon recognized her true passion lied in representing the victims of egregious medical mistakes. She has since recovered millions of dollars on behalf of her injured clients and their families who have suffered at the hands of negligent health care providers.
Ms. Spalluzzi is licensed to practice in Maryland and the U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland. She has also been admitted to practice pro hac vice in Georgia and North Carolina.
Ms. Spalluzzi graduated summa cum laude from the University of Baltimore School of Law. While in law school, Ms. Spalluzzi served as a Production Editor of the University of Baltimore Law Review. Additionally, Ms. Spalluzzi was a Rule 16 student attorney in the Saul Ewing Civil Advocacy Clinic where she represented underprivileged individuals in civil litigation matters. Ms. Spalluzzi also served as a research assistant for Professor Gregory Dolin where she briefed civil and criminal issues for the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit. After law school, Ms. Spalluzzi completed a clerkship with the Honorable Keith R. Truffer in the Circuit Court for Baltimore County.
Since 2020, Ms. Spalluzzi has been honored as a Super Lawyers Rising Star, an award given out to no more than 2.5% of Maryland attorneys.
Ms. Spalluzzi is a Baltimore native and a proud alumna of The Bryn Mawr School.
- Undergraduate Degree: Hamilton College, B.A. 2011
- Law School: University of Baltimore School of Law, JD, summa cum laude, 2016
Awards / Accolades
- Maryland Super Lawyers Rising Stars – 2020 – present
- Four Year Varsity Athlete, Hamilton College Rowing
- Staff Editor, Production Editor, University of Baltimore Law Review
- Moot Court Board
- Heuisler Honor Society – University of Baltimore School of Law
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Maryland Association of Justice
- American Association of Justice
- Baltimore County Bar Association