Briya A. Brown
Briya Brown is an associate with Wais, Vogelstein, Forman, Koch & Norman, LLC. Originally from Landover, Maryland, she graduated from Salisbury University in 2016 with a B.A. in Political Science, a B.A. in Spanish, and a minor in Latin American Studies. Ms. Brown then graduated from the University of Baltimore School of Law in 2021 and is licensed to practice law in the State of Maryland. While in law school, Ms. Brown served in the following positions:
- President and Vice President for the Immigration Law Association
- Committee Member for the Access to Justice Commission
- Representative for the Alliance of Black Women Attorneys
- Representative for the Student Bar Association
- Representative for the Latin American Law Students Association
Additionally, Ms. Brown was a student attorney in the Mental Health Law Clinic where she represented patients in involuntary civil commitment hearings at the Sheppard Pratt psychiatric hospital. Throughout her time in law school, she also volunteered in several Immigration clinics assisting immigrants with naturalization and refugees and asylees with adjustment of status.
Prior to joining Wais, Vogelstein, Forman, Koch & Norman, Ms. Brown spent three years at the Baltimore City State’s Attorney’s Office in Special Victims Unit and then transitioned to an Immigration firm where she successfully handled the firms Special Immigrant Juvenile and U-Nonimmigrant Status cases as well as assisting with Asylum and Removal Proceedings.
Ms. Brown is a health and fitness enthusiast and enjoys boxing, working out and traveling.
- Undergraduate Degrees: Salisbury University, Dual B.A. 2016
- University of Baltimore School of Law, J.D. 2021
- University of Baltimore, MBA Candidate 2023
- Maryland State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Maryland Association of Justice